Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thank Goodness the End is Near

So Friday guess who came to BYU?! MARK ZUCKERBERG AKA THE CREATOR OF FACEBOOK AND TIME MAGAZINE'S PERSON OF THE YEAR! Holy moly, talk about awesome! The senator was also there, but he clearly wasn't the reason why people went to the forum haha. Things I learned about Mark Zuckerberg:

  1. He went to Harvard and dropped out
  2. He's worth 13 billion
  3. He's the youngest billionaire...ever.
  4. When he was in high school/graduating, AOL and Microsoft wanted to hire him on the spot
  5. BYU was his first forum EVER.
Basically, I'm in love with him. Or at least his qualities...my friends say it's because he's rich and that I'm a gold digger, but whatever. Smarts and ambition are very attractive and if that just so happens to get you rich, well more power to you haha. My favorite thing Mark said was, "people don't get put into roles--they create them for themselves".

What also happened on Friday was an intense urge to leave campus--so my aunt Vickie picked me up and I spent the night at her place. It was just what I needed! And I got to see my aunt Amy and cousin Brittany and Britt's new baby! He's adorable...


Viliami ani Teliasi afusipa Petelo


Saturday was the most chill day ever. I was supposed to go to the Festival of Colors, but events happened and by the end of it, Jonni, Alison and I found a car that had only 2 seats available, so I let them go. I'm bummed I didn't go, but I knew I'd go next year so it wasn't that bad staying behind.

Today is Sunday. Last Fast Sunday. Last Sunday of the month and now all I have to get through are General Conference (I'm actually looking forward to it) and two more regular church meetings. Then I spend Easter with the family in VA!

26 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment