Thursday, March 10, 2011

Issues Paper Background Sources/Day 17


1) History of the Olympics

Creating the Modern Olympic Games

http://history1900s.about.com/od/fadsfashion/a/olympicshistory.htm


2) POLITICAL INFLUENCE AND THE OLYMPIC FLAME
http://www.la84foundation.org/SportsLibrary/JOH/JOHv7n1/JOHv7n1f.pdf

3) Estimating the Cost and Benefit of Hosting Olympic Games: What Can Beijing Expect from Its 2008 Games?

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa4127/is_200510/ai_n15705690/


For some reason, none of the sites wanted to get into the same font/size/color, so enjoy the chaos. Here are my five background sources for my paper. :]


Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why...who would I want to switch lives with? I've never really thought about this...maybe, "oh, they have such cool lives" or "oh, they do such cool things" but never "I want to switch lives with that person for one day!"...but here we go. Eh, heck, I'll just do a couple.

  • Emma Watson/Hermione Granger--She's gorgeous and she plays a witch (wizard? I'm not obsessed like some people). That'd be pretty cool. And she's super smart, so if I was her, I could pretty much do ANYTHING I wanted to do...hehehe
  • Sister Julie B. Beck--I'd just want to see a day in her everyday life. Seems super hectic and crazy, but fulfilling.
  • Ryan Reynolds future girlfriend--Because I love Ryan Reynolds...well...maybe I wouldn't want to switch for just a day...okay never mind, scratch that one.
  • Michelle Obama--Not because I love Obama, but just to be the First Lady. I'd totally abuse that title.
  • Helen Keller--I want to know how the heck she did it all...
  • The person who dresses up as Belle in Disney Land--Because everyone knows Belle is the best/smartest/selfless/coolest Disney princess ever created...and she's my favorite. Let's face it, who wouldn't want to be a Disney princess?
  • A person with a photographic memory--I'd only want to be this if all the knowledge I learned that day stuck with me when I became "myself" again. I would spend the whole day just reading books/confidential documents/super-smart people only documents/the scriptures...I think I'd be set for LIFE then. 

NEXT STOP: Day 18 - Plans/Dreams/Goals you have.


PS: I don't know how to get rid of that GIANT red line...blast copy and paste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment