Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 7

A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you.


Starry Night, Van Gogh 

Ever since I can remember, I've always loved art. Creating my own art, looking at paintings and sculptures, learning about the artist's life. Every aspect of art I loved. There's so much beauty that comes from it--from the actual inspiration, the creation process, the final result and everything in between. This painting has always been one of my favorites. Each stroke had a purpose. You can feel the cool wind. You can see the sleeping town just below you. You can wish on the stars above you--they feel that real and that close. When I was in my gifted art program (G.A.T.E), this was one of our projects--to recreate Starry Night on three separate canvases and put them together to create one wall-sized reproduction. I've always been a fan of Van Gogh, but this particular painting has always been my favorite. 

Vincent (Starry, Starry Night) by Josh Groban...Not a fan of the video, but I am of the song (its very fitting, huh? I don't know why the words at the bottom are in Spanish haha)...Enjoy!

NEXT STOP: Day 8 - Short term goals for this month and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment