Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rhetoric Analysis/"How Old Were You?"

Honestly, I'm still a little confused about this whole assignment. Saying the homework assignment one minute before the bell rings doesn't really allow it to sink into my head, but hopefully, I'll make sense. Or at least get the right rhetoric analysis points in the right parts. Let's find out if it did...(probably not, so please bare with me).



I wrote about AIDS and India in the Globalization book. 

  • Audience: seems like its everyone who's willing to educate the public in this fight to end AIDS. She seems to save her direct audience address until the very end where she throws in how the public can make a difference, by volunteering in the global AIDS programs and increasing funds. Things like that.
  • Current and/or contemporary events of importance: India is currently in a state of a growing economy. The workforce has become more skilled and literacy rates are very high. 
  • Profession/race/age/socioeconomic status: India is practically climbing out of poverty.
  • Ideologies: There's optimism to overcome poverty. They have potential. 
  • Issues of importance: The AIDS/HIV is spreading and it could lead to extremely high risks in their country's current state. 
  • Opponents: There's a significant lack of education on AIDS. Because of this, more people are having sex and spreading the disease unknowingly.
  • Major fears/worries: It will continue to spread and people will be completely oblivious before it's too late.

So guys, I hope I did this correctly...This wasn't initially the article I chose, but due to confusion (from the article I did choose and the assignment in general) and lack of time, I had to pick something fast. I will honestly admit that haha. 

DONE.

Now an update for the past few days. 
  • Studied for Human Anatomy. During that time a super annoying girl had control of the arm and was going through the names (but most of them were wrong...) and she basically had no consideration towards others. And I had an intense migraine from being in the room too long haha. But I was trying to suck it up. What set me over the edge was when her hand slipped and the deltoid muscle on the shoulder just landed on my lab manual. I wanted to gag. I wanted to tell the girl to get lost. But I didn't. I quietly left the room and studied outside haha.
  • This is a conversation I had with my weight training professor:
    • "How old were you?"--WT Prof.
    • "Um...I'm sorry?"--Me (seriously, I was so confused)
    • "How old were you?"
    • "...When I came to college? Eighteen..."
    • (He had a big smile on his face) "...when you fell out of the pretty pool"
  • The above conversation made me smile so hard and laugh...out of happiness and embarrassment (it was when we were taking role call and half the class was standing around). But he's such a sweet (and old) man. Made my day.
  • Got to see my Aunt Karen's family
  • Oh and in weight training class (another moment), these two obnoxious (and unfortunately cute) boys were just standing in front of the mirrors, watching themselves lift weights...and then watching themselves just because. My partner, Chelsea, and I saw that and busted out laughing...
  • Again, in weight training, we did this rank thing (like we had to take our weight and use this certain resistance stuff) but anyway, for bench press I had to lift 80 pounds. NO WAY. I tried. It did not work. But Chelsea and I laughed so hard because it was that ridiculous. 
Anyway, thats really it...I'm so glad it's almost Friday! Happy early weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I loved that story! Old men are the nicest, cutest, things ever! (In a non weird way) Thanks for the post; it made me smile too!

    ER

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I had no idea people read beyond the "BYU Blue"...haha I'm glad it made you smile :]

    ReplyDelete