Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekend Recap/Unveiling of My Possible Careers

This weekend was pretty fun. I went to Preference with this guy (Greg) and Alison and her date (Levi). It was a lot more fun than I expected (that kind of sounds bad...?) and the guys were sweet. The theme was "Alice In Wonderland"...there were people who actually came dressed up as Alice or the Mad Hatter or the rabbit. It was crazy haha.

Yesterday, Alison and I spent two hours in the cadaver lab learning about the brain and spinal cord. Fun. Later on that evening we went to the dollar theater to watch Unstoppable. It was so suspenseful! I really enjoyed it.

Today was a normal Sunday. I said the opening prayer in church. I was freaking out...which isn't that necessary, but I hate speaking in public in general (regardless of if my eyes are closed or not...haha). My Bishop mispronounced my last name as "BEAR"...Nope, I am definitely not named after a Grizzly Bear. haha But that's okay...We also had Sunday School outside (delightful).

Now for my possible careers. I am determined to find out what I want to be...right now, it doesn't look like speech therapy is the right path for me. So I've thought about it and here's what I've come up with...

  1. Special Education--I'd love to work with kids who have special needs. Really, I've always had a special place in my heart for children like them. They're so innocent and loving. Just different. Its wonderful. 
  2. Teaching Elementary/Kindergarten--I love kids. I cannot deny it. They are absolutely wonderful. I would hate to teach though...I've never wanted to be back in any school ever again. But if I decide to become a teacher of some sort, I guess I'll have to put that aside haha. 
  3. Something in the military--I know, a lot of you who know me are probably shocked. Sweet little Megan in the military? Probably doesn't make sense in your mind haha. But I want to serve a greater purpose, something greater than myself. I love my country. I love the freedoms I have. I would want to protect that...but what I'd do is still a mystery. And it would conflict with a few things...which I will discuss later.

Why I'm still deciding--Honestly, the Military would sound really good if I didn't care about my future family or if I didn't want one...But I do. It's not the actual possibility of dying that worries me. What worries me is that I might now be there for my kids. And I want to be the mother that actually raises her children and is there for them. I also want to serve a mission if possible. If I'm in the Military, I probably will miss that chance and I'd much rather give up a year and a half of my life to do the Lord's will (despite how much I'd love to join the Military). As for the first two careers, I don't know if that's what I'd want to do with my whole life. But right now, this is what I've got. We'll  see if I can come up with a decision...hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment