Friday, February 11, 2011

Brains, Beautiful Boys and Ballet

What I didn't talk about on Wednesday/in my previous blog--in human anatomy we are learning about the brain and spinal cord. It's pretty cool. My favorite part of the brain was the "arbor vitae". We also saw a sagittal cut of a human head (meaning straight down the head--we could still see the tongue and teeth and sinus cavities). It was really intense. 
Arbor Vitae--my favorite because it looks like a cute tree. Which is fitting because it means "tree of life"

Thursday was a fun(ny) day. What made it funny were the "beautiful boys" in my weight training class. The ones that constantly stare at themselves. But the name is kind of fitting. They are cute...but really obnoxious haha. I was dared to go up to them and say, "if I had muscles like you, I'd stare at myself too"...that still needs to happen haha. I mean, they do it every class (no joke!), so I have time to fulfill that dare...

Alison and I also went to see the Cinderella ballet which was performed by the BYU Ballet. It was so much fun! Miles had bought the tickets for he and Sammi to go, but Sammi got sick, so he gave them to us. I'm so glad he did! Just watching them perform reminded me just how beautiful ballet is. I miss it so much! The prince wasn't my favorite, but the girl who played Cinderella was fabulous!

Today. Friday. Thank goodness. Today I'm going to the Preference Dance. Yes, I asked someone...it sound be fun.  :]

 
I want guys to serenade these songs to me one day. They're my current "Glee" obsession. Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. love the brain! and that picture looks so familiar... ;)
    hahaha LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe well hey, i couldn't find one on this other site...and it definitely was the best one to use. :]

    love you moreee.

    ReplyDelete