Sunday, January 30, 2011

I Used To Want To Be A Figure Skater

My inspiration: Michelle Kwan

It's a true fact. I wanted to be an figure skater, like Michelle Kwan, instead of dance. But now, it is safe to say, I have no aspiration to become one, now as a 19 year old (I'm pretty sure at this time, half of my career would be over by now anyway haha). 

Now why am I talking about figure skating? Well, that's what I did on Friday night, and let's just say, I struggled most of the time. My grace and poise has left me thats for sure...either that, or I've become more afraid of falling, and my nerves got the best of me. But it was sooo much fun. I went with Alison, Michaela, Sam and Alex. Sam and Michaela seemed pretty much pro, Alison and I were around the same skill level (like half of Sam and Michaela's) and poor Alex held onto the railing most of the time haha. At one point, Michaela and I skated with this five-year-old girl who was trying to learn how to skate and dragged her along...she kept laughing and shouting, "faster, faster!"...she was adorable. 

 Alex, Michaela, Sam
 Alex, showing off his "snowified" backside. He got it from falling down.
 Alison, Me, Michaela
 Michaela and Sam...such a cute couple.
Alex...who cannot be serious in a picture.

But before the ice skating, the group and I went to this place called The Pie. We all shared a 23" (or was it 28"?) pizza and it was glorious. We didn't finish...but it was so delicious. 

 Our pizza. And for the record, Alison is RIGHT NEXT to the pizza...not BEHIND it, so really that just shows how huge that pizza was. Delish.
The Pie. Yes, we crossed into U of U territory, but we survived.

We also got to see Michaela's parents and see where she lived. Her family seemed very nice.  :]

At the end of the night, or early morning, Alison and I got my two beds together and had a sleepover. 

Then Saturday came and Alison and I took our tests in the testing center, then spent an hour and a half in the cadaver lab attempting to master the different muscles in the arms...just for the record, I held one, which was kind of cool. Actually, it really was, once I got past the fact that the muscles felt extremely cold and squishy. Then after all that hard work, we treated ourselves to a little Grey's Anatomy. We are in the third season at the moment. Crazy good stuff going on, let me tell you...

Now its Sunday. Went to church (it was Fast Sunday today), got a new Sunday school teacher (he's actually really cute), and went to Relief Society. The rest of my day involves: Book of Mormon homework (aka, reading), Visiting Teaching, making rounds for VT/seeing how everyone likes their teachers, hanging out with Alex in hopes of making him a G.A. fan and going to Ward Prayer. All in all, a fabulous Sunday and a even more fabulous weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment