Thursday, January 6, 2011

So Much For Writing Everyday

Before I dive in, here's a side note to my WRITING AND RHETORIC class, anything titled for the class or in a "BYU Blue" are specifically for our class. My first homework post is just below! :]

Anywayyyy...Gah, its only the first week and its so incredibly stressful! There have been so many moments and incidents that have made me put my life on hold...while the rest of the world keeps moving. Slowww downnnn, please.

Let's see, blog-worthy moments that have happened...

Well for starters, my roommate moved out. Single rooms never felt so good. And we're both happy about it. We left on good terms and now we both have our own rooms and everything we wanted. Best of wishes to your new place, Alison N.

As far as classes go, I can pretty much tell you all that my trash will be kicked by them. Let me explain why, so you can see my worry. You might become a little sympathetic...or just find a good laugh and think, "...sucker".

For starters, Human Anatomy (PDBio 220), you are going to kill me. Too many parts to memorize for each system. Add a real picture of a body organ or muscle or tendon and I feel like I could throw up whatever is in my stomach at the moment. There's a reason I didn't even consider becoming a nurse...which, ironically, is required for them as well as us, Communication Disorders kids. I just can't escape it, can I?

ASL (American Sign Language) will also be a challenge. Its 101 or something like that, so it shouldn't be hard, but so far, all I know is how to introduce myself. I know it's only been my second class (high expectations? maybe...), but still, if the professor (Jean) doesn't spell it out, I'm pretty much lost...and even if she does, that's a mental workout. Oh please, let me pass/become an ASL genius! And did I mention that we have to SIGN daily devotionals in front of the class...meaning SIGN SCRIPTURES AND HYMNS??? Yeah...now you see my point. What the heck is "brethren" or "righteous" or "Nephites" in sign language? Maybe I'll stick with "And my father dwelt in a tent"...

Intro to Communication Disorders shouldn't be that bad. It's just a bunch of information THROWN at you. Like holy bajoly, we have to remember all these different methods and theories? I know, that's college for you, but you'd think intro classes would be easier. At least the teacher is hilarious...

Book of Mormon Pt 1...the teacher is making me incredibly worried. I mean, hello, I've been Mormon my whole life, I know the BOM. Do I know the history well?....Uhhhh....No? Not really? Well lucky me, my teacher just so happens to be in LOVE with ancient Christianity and every single historical fact about it. So I'm pretty darn sure he'll be drilling the history into our minds. He made one point very clear, "Tests scores do not reflect your testimony"...well, I'm certainly glad for that!

Writing and Rhetoric seems good (and I'm not just saying that because this has now been temporarily converted to my blog for the class as well haha). It just seems so overwhelming with everything we have to do...in combination with the other trillion things I need to do in other classes. I know its the beginning of the semester and I have a whole semester to do it...but still. I do like the people and professor though. I think despite the work, I'll enjoy the class.

Last but not least is weight training. Let me just say, I think my professor is adorable...not in a cute, young, handsome way (if you got that impression, shame on you for not reading my previous blog post haha...kidding!), but in an old, grandfatherly way. We haven't even lifted a single weight, but I know I'm going to enjoy it.

Well...that's it for now. Thank goodness Friday is coming up...I already need some serious R&R.

No comments:

Post a Comment