Saturday, January 29, 2011

OpEd Blog Post--Afterthoughts

Write a blog post reflecting on the OpEd process.  How did it go?  What went well?  What didn't go well?  How do you think it could have gone better?  What could you/I have done differently to make it easier?  How did this compare to other papers you've written?  And so forth . . .


The OpEd process seemed to be fine. It seemed a lot smoother in comparison to my AmHtg essays or high school essays. I thought the process of making multiple drafts and meeting with Prof. Husberg and a Writing Lab TA really helped. The peer reviews were also useful. I thought the individual segments of the process in the present moment I had to work on them didn't go so well...if that makes sense. Like at the time, I hated the drafts and going to the Writing Lab TA (she was a some piece of work). I think it could have gone better if I met up with the TA earlier, so I would have had more opportunities to have someone look over my revisions. I think I could have made it easier if I didn't wait until a day or two before the actual assignment segment was due. Compared to my other papers, I feel like this one has a better stand on the issue, simply because the drafts and reviewing helped organize my thoughts. Overall, I enjoyed the process. 




As far as my day's concerned...its too late to tell any of it. I'm too tired. Tomorrow's another day and I'll tell it then. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with what you're saying about the AmHtg essays! I mean, those weren't too hard, but they were thrown at us, no real description or warning at all. This process was much easier to follow and go along with. I too think that drafts are an amazing asset when it come to writing, it also really helps get the ball rolling in advanced. I went to the writing center the day before it was due too. More time would've been good, but I'm sure you pulled it all together in the end.

    -mmg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we agree on the same thing. haha

    ReplyDelete