Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Peer Reviews (WRTG HW) and More

What are your first impressions of the peer review process?  Was it useful to you?  If so, how?  In what ways do you think it could be better?


My first impressions of the peer review process were...hesitant. I've never been a fan of strangers reading my work (silly, I know), but it really wasn't that bad! It definitely was useful for me to get positive feedback/constructive criticism. It set my mind at ease on some of my concerned and made me feel more confident about my essays potential. I think it could have been better if we had more time...I felt very rushed trying to be a good "reviewer". But other than that, I thought the whole process was great.


(Semi-funny story that ties along with this picture/my homework response--I typed up "peer reviews for essays" under the Creative Commons Search website and came up with this picture...I was like, wow, that really has nothing to do with peer reviews or essays in general. So I came up with this--this picture is "symbolic" because it demonstrates how sometimes when we're doing our own thing we can cause problems and chaos in our work. Paying attention to others (and what they have to say) helps guide our course...which we can see, the drivers were doing their own thing. I think this analogy is a win.) :]


Now for my non-homework related portion. This weekend was so much fun! I watched Grey's Anatomy (seriously, I'm hooked), went to a swim meet, went to open lab for PDBio, and hung out with the gang as we played pool/watched the basketball game (can I just say, I'm in love with Jimmer?). Really, it doesn't seem like much, but it was actually a lot of fun. 
Swimmers warming up...

As far as this week is concerned...it has been ridiculously long. Holy cow. And it's only Tuesday...these 7 AM classes are making my days really rough. But other than that, life is good! Peace out, boy scouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment