Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Love Free-Write Posts

Thank you, Writing and Rhetoric! Since it's free-write, I won't change the color (I know, sad!), but anyway, here's what I have to say (which is typically what I normally say anyway). After the weekend, let's just say that this week was rough! I honestly wanted to skip ASL so bad because I was so tired (by the way, our ASL teacher cancelled class on Tuesday at 6:20 AM...a girl looked at her email at 7:05 AM and we all were like crap we could have slept in! Oh well...). But I survived and that's all that matters...

To make things quick, because I still have things to do, I'm just going to write a list of all the post-worthy moments I had the past few days...here we go!

  • I survived my first PDBio quiz...emphasis on SURVIVED haha. But really, I'm starting to enjoy the class more...once I get past the fact that I'll be looking at real, dead bodies, I'm actually amazed with the way our bodies function. Its remarkable to think why we have certain bones in certain places and what their purposes are...God created PERFECT bodies and we can do beautiful things with them. It makes me more grateful for the one I've been given...hopefully this newfound attitude will help with the class. 
  • The PDBio TA and this guy in my lab are really cute. The guy looks like Ryan Gosling...no joke. But they're both short...Darn!
  • My weight training partner is engaged! She's so sweet--she's one of the reasons why I like weight training. And next week we're going to go "classic skating"...I've never been and when I told her, she was like, "Megan! We are going!"...I'm so excited!
  • I get reminded daily of how much I love having my own room...its absolutely glorious. 
  • One one of the days my ASL teacher was sick, we had a deaf sub. Let's just say, he could tell I was struggling, so he'd have me do extra things and watch me more than the others...but he was really funny and nice about it...I think haha. 
  • I got to skype Melissa today
  • I wrote my friend Jameson a letter two days ago
  • I was in the gym and I was on the treadmill at first but then I saw an elliptical machine open, so I hopped off the machine and turned around...the treadmill next to me apparently had a short plug-in cord, so as I turned and took a step, I pulled the plug out of the socket (hello, it was about 6 inches off the ground! Unsafe...so I don't think it was completely my fault...) and the treadmill completely stopped...and the runner on it almost fell off. It was bad. And embarrassing. And I'm pretty sure the man swore in frustration as he swatted the machine with this sweat rag...Really, I was terrified. I kept apologizing and he was like, "Its fine"...but I knew it wasn't...so after the third apology, I ran to the elliptical machine. Scary haha
  • Something I forgot to mention, last Thursday, Condoleezza Rice spoke at a forum at BYU. I loved it! I used to think she was this scary, too-serious, powerhouse...But then I realized I only got the "powerhouse" part right. She was so funny and well-educated and just completely inspiring. She talked about our National Myth--the log cabin and that it doesn't matter where you came from; it matters where you are going. She also talked about how we should all take courses that challenge us, because we will gain a higher satisfaction and appreciation for them. All in all, I loved the forum and I am so glad I went. 
Wow, that was ridiculously long. But a fun read, right? Anyway, that's been my week update. Lovin' life, including the demands of college. Super excited for this weekend... :]

No comments:

Post a Comment