Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Day Back And It Feels Like I Hit A Brick Wall

Oh how I love staying up ridiculously late during the break, only to force myself awake at practically a seminary time (you'd think after four years of going, I would have learned not to do that). Well, despite my lack of sleep and urge to pass out in every class, all my classes went well. My ASL teacher was sick, so class was cancelled. Sad for her, happy day for us (otherwise, I would have gotten up at 5:40 this morning)! I like all my professors right now. My Intro to Communication Disorders professor is hilarious and our class is in the Honors Building, so my friend, Alison, and I feel very smart and scholarly (haha). My weight training teacher is an old (and very in shape) man and he is absolutely adorable! He said, "Now all you single ladies, raise your hands (hands were raised). Now all you single guys out there, raise your hands (same thing). Now let me tell you, I have a high success rate of getting students to marry. I average about two marriages a year with students who met in my class." I laughed so hard!

Now I also had my writing class. In this class, we're going to have to post homework assignments on our very own blogs (who knew I was already ahead of the game?). The question for today was to say what you want to do with your life. So here it goes!

As far as professions go, I want to become a speech therapist for kids. I decided on this profession because I've always loved children (They all seem so innocent and happy. Its infectious) and I've always loved helping people. Why speech therapist? Well as human beings we rely on our ability to speak to one another and not completely on our body language. If I can help a child lose a stutter, or pronounce his w's, or just gain confidence in expressing himself, then I believe I have done my job. It feels like such a rewarding and fulfilling career, and I hope it all works out. 


For the rest of my life, I have no idea what I want. I mean, I want to be a stay-at-home mom, of course. I've had both sides of the working-mom-side and the stay-at-home-mom-side, and I can honestly say that I enjoyed the stay at home mom better while I was growing up. I want to be there for my kids in every possible way. But other than that, the rest of my life still remains to be solved or planned or even thought up. But thank goodness I have the rest of my life to figure it out. 


Assignment DONE. :]

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I love the background of your blog!
    Second, I read through the blue part since it is for our class and I really admire your plans for your future. You know exactly what you want to do, and have great intentions for doing it. I must say, I am a bit jealous. I have an idea of what might be interesting as a career, but I'm not set in stone. If my children have speech impediments in the future, I would trust you to help them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thank you! And I'd love to help them. :]

    ReplyDelete