Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011: New Years

New Years has always been an important reason to celebrate in my home. Its a time for clean slates, second chances and renewed resolutions. I always look forward to the new year...I think I got it from my mom. 

An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up until midnight to make sure the old year leaves. ~ American Author Bill Vaughn

Yesterday, New Year's Eve, I spent the night at my house. It was fun because I was with family and Court was also over. We watched movies and played Mario Kart on the Wii. And even though midnight had come (January 1st, 2011), we still stayed up and watched shows. All in all, a good night. 

Today, the main event was dinner--our "lucky" dinner. Every year, our first dinner is always "lucky". What makes a dinner lucky? Well, we eat foods that are culturally lucky (in our heritage). So tonight we feasted on black eyed peas, sour kraut and pork and noodles for luck and long life. We also had mashed potatoes from the potato skins last night and brussel sprouts just because they're simply delicious (my dad did say that they're green, so maybe that'll mean more money...I guess we have a year to find out!). I also saw my family friends, the Egerers. It was so nice to see them and the puppies.

Whats left: 
  • Packing
  • Possibly seeing people
  • Packing
Fun stuff I forgot to mention/did:
  • Went to Taylor/Matthew's show. They were great, as well as the opening act, Cara Salimando.
  • Went to the D.C. Temple with my family.
Well, Virginia, its been fun. Next time I blog, I'll be in Utah. Kind of excited to get a little more of my adult-like freedom back haha. But it was a good break. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment