Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesdays are the New Mondays

What I mean by that is that with new classes and a new day schedule, you're pretty much starting from scratch. Hence, "new Monday". Today, I had my Fitness and Lifestyle Management class. We learned about cardiorespiratory fitness...it made me want to buy a bike and just go bike around Provo all day haha. I'm putting that on my "Things to Buy Next Year" list--a bike! Then I went to my first devotional! Elder Robert D. Hales was the speaker and he primarily talked about how the things we choose can either "lead us to a door full of opportunities or keep us trapped in a corner with few options"...thank you, free agency! After the devotional, I headed off to math class...rational functions haven't changed. They're still just as boring as when I learned them the first time haha. But hopefully the intense boredom level won't prohibit me from continuing to brush up on my Algebra skills. To make sure I wasn't enjoying myself too much, I had to go to math lab not long after that class haha. But my TA is very nice and I got a 100% on the quiz and the homework. So far, so good.

Today I also had a new change...a visit to the health center to be exact. I had been feeling weird sensations in my chest. Afraid it was asthma or a heart murmur or some odd disease (trust me, I had a couple of weeks to worry about this and my imagination was running wild haha), I decided to walk all the way to the health center with Jonni. After a visit with the doctor and a breathing test and a heart test, the verdict was that it was anxiety and stress haha. Kind of lame and slightly embarrassing, but honestly, knowing what was wrong with me makes me feel so much better. Gotta love nice doctors and nurses.

Now I will be finishing up homework and just getting ready for tomorrow. Exciting!

Oh and yesterday, after my previous blog, I had my first Family Home Evening...it was interesting. But I'm glad my roommate and I will be going together. I'll just leave it at that. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment