Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's Amazing How Many Things One Can Do in a Matter of Hours...

Since my last blog post, so many things have occurred, that I'm just gonna blog now. My day hasn't even technically started yet...my first class begins in an hour and a half. Aren't you curious on what I accomplished in that short of time? Thought so, so here we go. :]

After talking to some of my family and a couple of hours of homework, Alison N. and I decided to step up our physical health. We were completely honest about everything, from our weight to what we ate that day. We then created a healthy eating plan (we will concur the overly-delicious Canon Center!). We also created "Megan and Alison's Food 10 Commandments". Here it goes:

1. Thou shalt love thy bodies.
2. Thou salt not eat past the 10th hour.
3. Thou shalt quench thy thirst 5 times daily (meaning water bottles haha)
4. Thou shalt elongate thy limbs before retiring.
5. Thou shalt commit thine self to 30 minutes of cardio.
6. Thou shalt exercise thine self EVERYDAY. No excuses (with two underlines under "no excuses". Yup, we're that serious).
7. Thou shalt not eat thine emotions.
8. Thou shalt learn and aquire the strength to say no to adverse foods.
9. Thou shalt not stuff to gain they money's worth.
10. Thou shalt be honest in all thy doings (meaning, with exercise, our food intake, etc...as well as just being honest in general haha).

If thou breakest these commandments, serious consequences shall follow...
Steps to repentance--(1) Confess; (2) Exercise of partner's choice; (3) Recommit

And that's it! Simple on paper, but we'll see how well this goes. I'm excited! Then we woke up at 5:45 in the morning and started running at 6...Thirty minutes later, I thought I was either going to throw up and/or die (we sprinted the last part), but after a couple of minutes, it felt so good. And I finished some homework, where normally I'd be sleeping. Seems like a good change in my book.

The rest of my day's agenda: going to classes, homework, cleaning my room (our first cleaning checks are this Friday!), and going to the store with Alison to get healthy alternatives to follow our newly created "10 commandments". Today's going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment