Monday, September 13, 2010

I Miss the Weekend Already and Its Only Monday

My whole weekend for the most part was quite enjoyable. On Friday, there was a 70's dance/event, which was pretty fun. Even though they ran out of tie-dye, Alison L., Jonni and I got two free white t-shirts...so we'll be having our own tie-dye party soon. We also got our faces painted and then danced the night away (a guy from my ward Sammy and a friend of his joined us). Then after the dance, we all got ice cream (despite the cold) and headed over to May hall where we hung out with other people as well. I learned how to play signs...seems to be a cut-throat game. Either that or the people who I'd send the "sign" over to wouldn't pay attention so I'd get tagged haha. But no hard feelings.

Saturday was a good day. I got up early, studied some math, and headed down to the testing center, only to find it was closed...so I spent a few hours doing homework and then my roommate Alison N. drove me and Jonni down to Riverton, where we saw our relatives. It was so good to see them and to have a home-cooked meal. My aunt Vickie found out I forgot to buy computer paper when I bought my printer last week (oops...), so she gave me a whole pack of it. That was very sweet of her. And later on, my uncle John took me and Jonni home.

Sunday was a fantastic day. We had Regional Conference and we got to hear talks from Brother (or should I say Elder?) Snow of the Seventy, Sister Beck, President of Relief Society, Elder Holland of the Twelve, and Elder Packer, President of the Twelve. I loved every single talk. The only downside was sitting on the uncomfortable bleachers for more than an hour haha. But actually listening to them and being in the same room with them (a plus to being in the same state as the General Authorities for sure) outweighed the seats. After R.C., I invited my cousins Sam and Lindsey and her husband Kaleb to have lunch with me. It was good to see them and talk to them. It lasted two hours, but it was very enjoyable haha. After lunch and Book of Mormon homework, I headed out to the Fireside, where Elder Scott would give his talk. It was so beautiful, hearing him talk so sweetly about his wife and children (yes, the talk was on marriage), it made me cry. I love it when General Authorities talk about their wives...you can tell they still love each other, if not more than they did as newly weds. I want that in my life. I told Jonni, "We need to find 'Apostle Potentials" as our husbands"...and we will someday! haha

Later on in the evening, I had some girl talk with Alison N., Alison L., and Jonni. Never have I laughed so hard in those short hours...haha. Just thinking about it makes me laugh.

Today is Monday and besides classes, I took my math test...it was open this time! haha. I did pretty good for my first college test. I was exhausted though...but my lovely roommate bought me a little drink to help me wake up haha. So sweet of her. And later on today, my plan's to work on homework, do some laundry and go to Family Home Evening! Busy, busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment