Monday, April 11, 2011

Looking Forward to the Future...

I have 11 more days until I come home. 11 days, 4 finals, 2 projects, 1 essay, 1 No-Voice Lab, countless hours of studying, 1 day and/or night of cleaning and packing and then I am done with my Freshman year and on my way home. I cannot wait to be with my family. I cannot wait to start working. I cannot wait for the summer to arrive. I cannot wait for Easter...

Out of all the holidays in my life, Easter has always been special, but for some reason has seemed even more important this year. It may be because it will be the first holiday I have celebrated with my family in four months. Or it may be something bigger than that--that I had to depend on Him more than any other moment in my life being out here on my own. I am so excited for Easter. It's not about the candy or the egg hunts or the Bunny himself. It's about Christ, His life, His Atonement and His Resurrection. He died for us; He rose for us. And now He lives for us, so that we can live too.

His Sacred Name - An Easter Declaration

Christ's True Mercy

I know the first video is a few days early, but why wait until Easter Sunday? I hope this will remind us of the true meaning of Easter and of our Savior. The second video I just liked...it's a combination of three of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's talks. I hope this all touched you the way it touched me. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment