Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pools, Drive Ins, and Lunch Dates, Oh My!

So yesterday, after waking up from the tent, my aunt had an idea--going to the pool! Fun going with your cousins, right? Yes. Fun going with your cousin's cousins, who aren't really your cousins, so its like you're one step above strangers and you have to hang out with them a bunch?...Debatable haha. The one "cousin" who was closest to my age and also going to BYU (Taylor) left to play Fantasy Football (or was it baseball?). The other "cousin", Megan, was hanging out with her younger cousins. This left my cousin Jacob and Brayden and my Aunt Vickie, who I spent most of my time with.

While we were there, I got Brayden hooked onto the diving board (Although I got yelled at by a psycho lifeguard for still being at the edge of the pool just in case Brayden needed to be pulled up. In my eyes, she should thank me. I was closer to saving a potential life than she was and I wasn't even getting paid for it. Punk.). After a couple of dives, Brayden seemed to get the hang of it. "I'm gonna do a front flip!" he said. "Brayden, I don't think that's such a good idea. You might smack your head or your stomach." I warned. Brayden then said, "Megan, I'm not gonna hit the bottom!" I left, telling him to be careful and highly suggested he just stuck to running off the board. Five minutes later, Brayden came back to where we were staying, crying and the side of his stomach bright red. Even though he went back to the boards and stopped crying, I still felt bad.

Later that evening, Aunt Vickie and her sisters decided to go to a "Drive In Movie". It must be a dying breed, because they don't even have those in Northern Virginia. So I tagged along with some of the Filoso clan (Aunt Vickie, Ali, Noah) to the movies where we met up with the "cousins" we'd seen earlier. The movies? Toy Story 3 and Despicable Me. Best two movies ever. By the time the movies were done, it was past midnight and by the time we got home it was 1 in the morning.

Today's agenda (that I know of) deals with going to buy a laptop with my uncle, John, and my mom, and going on a lunch date (again with my mom) and also my friend and my mom's "third son", Court. I haven't seen him in ages, so it should be fun.  :]

No comments:

Post a Comment