Saturday, December 4, 2010

Happy (Almost) Birthday, Self!

The big 1-9. Its coming up. This Sunday to be exact. The first Sunday of the month of December, which means Fast Sunday and the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. Yes, I'm always thrilled to have a dinner feast for my birthday and yes, I'm always into extra ways to feel spiritual, but it does not enhance a party atmosphere (sad, but true). So I decided why not spread out my birthDAY to be a birthWEEKEND...or WEEK if I feel like it. We'll see haha. But anyway, my mom had sent a package a few days ago and I GOT IT IN THE MAIL AND IT MADE MY WEEK! It was my party in a box. I got two fabulous CDs (Josh Groban and the Christmas Glee), body spray, candy, jewelry, games and more. I was so happy! Then my roommate suggested, "Why not celebrate your birthday today?". And why not? No reason not to. So we (my roommate, Alison N., Alison L. and my cousin, Sam and I) went to Earth Fruits Yogurt (I got vanilla with a bunch of fruit--so good!) and then went to the dollar theatre where we watched Despicable Me (super cute!) and Easy A (very funny and Penn was so cute haha--but to my family and friends reading this: it is PG-13 for a reason, but let's add an additional 4 or 5 years onto that 13). Then we got cut-off by a car full of cute boys...so we followed them and talked to them at a stop light...haha. All in all, it was a fabulous kick-off to my birthDAY gone WEEKEND.

Tomorrow I will be heading up to Salt Lake with my ward, where we will spend the day at Temple Square. I might even see my buddy, Court. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment