Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Automatically a Year Older and Wiser...

That's what birthdays do to you. You go to bed the day before feeling kinda average, and then you wake up the day of your birthday and you feel like you could come up with a brilliant plan to solve world hunger or something...not really haha. But still. Feels good being older...even if I still have my babyish 18 year-old ways. :P But let's backtrack to get a full day-by-day description of my birthday gone WEEKEND.

Saturday was so much fun! I got to ride a bus up to Salt Lake with my friends which made it feel almost like a high school field trip...but to a place you actually wanted to go! When we got up to SLC, my friend, Court, from back home met up with us. Then we watched the Joseph Smith movie and I loved it. It always amazes me of the strength Joseph Smith had. He truly was led by God...no man could have withstood all he did without the help of the Lord. When the movie was over, Stephanie, Jonni, Court and I walked around Temple Square taking a billion pictures.

Sunday was my birthday! I figured it was going to be like any other Fast Sunday...but Aunt Vickie surprised me, asking me if I wanted to come over for dinner and birthday cake! YES PLEASE! So Uncle Chris picked me up after Sacrament meeting and I celebrated with my birthday with them, their kids, Brittany, Jordan and their neighbor, Sunny. It was amazing. The food was great, my cake was glorious, and I loved spending time with the family. They made my first birthday away from my family so memorable. Thank you, Aunt Vickie and Uncle Chris. I love you!

Monday consisted of all my classes, plus a Physical Science review (which didn't really help me on the test...ughhh. Everyone, do me a favor. Pray I rock the final and that the final does not rock me haha). Tuesday (today) consisted of me working on math with my professor, going to Fitness and Lifestyle Management, then going back to my math professor's office to work on more math, then go to math class and then lab...so I had 4 hours of math today.

So basically, this week will be torture. It will be pain. It will be the worst week and a half of my life if you include finals. I will not be social. I will be a creature that only ventures out of its den to go to the bathroom, eat, and take tests. I might lose a little humanity. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment