Thursday, October 27, 2011

Megan and the Athletic Department.

Secretly I wish I was good enough to be on any BYU team. Why? Sure it'd be great to represent your school, but for the most part, I'd want to be on a team so I could feel part of this exclusive club and be able to talk to the other athletes without getting butterflies in my stomach. I mean, that'd be pretty cool right? Right.

Here are my embarrassing/awkward and amazing/miraculous moments with guys who are on a BYU team. 

First up: RILEY NELSON.

It was after Geography and World Affairs. I was waiting for my friend and as I looked up I saw this guy all dressed up in BYU Football clothing with unique hair. I thought, "oh my gosh, is that Riley Nelson?" About 2 minutes later, I see him pass again. Yup, it was Riley Nelson. No doubt about it. When I finally saw my friend, Jared, and started to walk up the JFSB stairs, I said, "Jared, I'm pretty sure I just saw Riley Nelson!" "How?" "Well first off, he had his football stuff on and his hair...NO ONE has hair like that." And just as I finished saying that, I looked up the stairs and saw RILEY NELSON RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. Once we got up the stairs, I saw him turning a little to look behind him. So I sprinted away and Jared ran after me, where we then laughed our heads off. 

Embarrassing. Sorry Riley! I think you're great! 

Next: A certain baseball player who will remain anonymous. 

Basically I think this guy is great. It's kinda obvious. But anyway, on Tuesday, he said "hi" to me...TWICE. Then today, I decided to be gutsy...and I sat next to him, introduced myself and talked to him for the longest time. And let's be real here, baseball players have that rap for being...tools (sorry if this offends anyone). But he was completely different: deep, spiritual, nice and sweet. 

It's safe to say that I will definitely talk to him on Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment