Thursday, October 6, 2011

Embarrassing Story and the MTC.

Imagine yourself walking to class after it had rained with your gladiator shoes on (or for you guys, flip flops, because I would judge you if you wore gladiator shoes haha). Very slick shoes + water = a recipe for disaster. So I was walking down the stairs to get to my class. It's around 9:50, aka class transition time. Everyone is going up and down the stairs and all of a sudden...I SLIP GOING DOWN THE STAIRS. One leg slides forward and the other leg stays stuck behind me so I am literally doing the splits down the stairs. Completely mortified, I pick myself up, declare myself "okay" and then run to the bathroom to compose myself (by compose, I mean laugh hysterically because I've realized that when I have an extreme emotion of any kind, I laugh it off). Then after that, I just hustled to class.

The things I injured: my ankle (rolled), my hip (out of place...? It's just uncomfortable for me to take my normal strides...which isn't good and maybe I should get it checked out?) and my pride ("pride goeth before the fall", right?).

My middle name should've been Grace.

Now for the MTC (Missionary Training Center). My amazing cousin, Elder Jordan Ottaway, was dropped off yesterday. This guy is GREAT! He will be an amazing missionary in Mexico City. Miss him already. 



Good luck, Jordan! We love you and miss you and are rooting for you every step of the way! Return with honor. See you in two.  :]

No comments:

Post a Comment