Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Summer Sum Up

Hello all! As you can see, it has been a verrrry long time since I've posted anything. My apologizes. I've had quite the summer, with all my jobs, vacation, and changing life decisions. I've become everyone's go-to girl. I've become practically a straight-up mom, due to the demands of one of my jobs. A LOT has happened.

Over the course of this summer, I have had two to three jobs (currently, I have three). I work as a legal assistant to an immigration attorney, a personal care assistant to a family with an autistic child and as a community college bookstore keeper. These jobs have certainly kept me on my toes...in the actual job and to when I have to hustle to the next. Not to mention, the odds-and-ends jobs I've been given: dog/house sitting (twice, for two different people) and plant-watering (during a week where the temperature was over 100 degrees not including humidity. It was straight up death). I've been all about the money! Haha

All about the money, except for the occasional trip and vacation. I've gone to the beach with my family a few days of the summer and spent a week with my friend, Sammi, and her family (such a blast!). Besides that, I've met up with a few friends throughout the summer...not as often as I'd like, but that's what you pay for when you have two to three jobs.

Now, for the big news. I've become so money oriented because of one big reason...I have decided to go on a mission! To be honest, I couldn't be more thrilled. It has been pressing on my mind and heart for a long time and I finally made a decision and just prayed about it. I waited for the icky feeling to come...and it never did. And my decision would be that I would stay home for a semester and work, as I worked on my mission papers and go in January. I had such a peaceful feeling and it felt as though all my concerns and worries about going to school, earning money for both, and time had been lifted. I know this is what I'm supposed to do. I love the Gospel so much. I know my Heavenly Father loves me. I know I'll be sent where I am most needed and where I can grow. The future is bright, everyone!

Well, I have to get ready for church now...sorry if it sounded spacey, but I had to just get this all out! Also, a quick quote that would've been about the John Bytheway lecture I had (its about work and the value of it): Satan always chooses his followers who are idle; the Savior always chose his followers who were busy at work, from mending their nets, to casting them out to see. So everyone, be busy in a good purpose. That is all! Happy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment